Marc Costa-Ros is a Director, heading up RCG’s southern European base. He a strong background in renewable energy project design and construction, in-depth technical expertise in the onshore and offshore wind sectors, as well as knowledge on solar PV projects.
Mr Costa-Ros is highly qualified technically. He is a commercially driven, pragmatic expert on the trade-off between technical risks and financial drivers. Mr Costa-Ros fully understands stakeholders’ risk appetite, identifying key issues and advising mitigations through his strong problem-solving ability.
Mr Costa-Ros is expert in managing high profile acquisition, project financing and divestment technical due diligence assignments for equity investors, lenders and owners, including construction and operation monitoring mandates. He has a track record managing multi-disciplinary teams with tight transaction timetables and leading them through the review of the whole project life cycle, from small onshore wind installations to large offshore wind farms. His skill set includes dealing with complex models for financial transactions, reviewing model components (Capex, Opex and yield), risk and interface registers, delivery and operational strategies, construction and operations contracts, and technology and design specifications. Mr Costa-Ros is used to dealing with complex and innovative concepts, having supported the de-risking and commercialisation of novel renewable energy technologies (such as floating offshore wind).
Mr Costa-Ros is a chartered civil engineer, specialized in structural design, analysis and construction engineering, with knowledge in naval architecture. He also holds a postgraduate qualification in project finance. In addition, Mr Costa-Ros is fluent in a number of languages.
- Technical due diligence, onshore and offshore wind (including floating wind)
- Led technical due diligence mandates for major wind power generation projects (exceeding £1.5bn) for blue-chip clients. Includes acquisition assignments, leveraged with project finance, in the run up to financial close and beyond (through construction, operations, refinancing phases).
- Merit order assessment
- Developed detailed comparison tool for an oil major to rank the expected levelised cost of energy (LCoE) of projects eligible to bid into UK government-backed Contract for Difference (CfD) auction, defining project Capex, Opex, energy yield expectations and schedule assumptions.
- Floating and fixed-bottom offshore wind site selection
- Engineering lead for multiple site identification assignments for key international developers, coordinating engineering as well as environmental and socio-economic work streams to identify, select, and rank suitable development areas for fixed-bottom and floating wind projects in various global markets.