Josiah Mault is a Principal with RCG in Boston. He has extensive experience in wind resource and energy assessments for pre- and post-construction projects.
Mr. Mault is highly experienced in all aspects of wind resource and energy yield analyses for both onshore and offshore projects, having supported of 50 GW of projects. He provides key advice on pre- and post-construction projects to mitigate technical risks and reduce uncertainty in support of development and financing.
Before joining RCG, Mr. Mault led a team of analysts at a major renewable energy consultancy performing bankable energy yield assessments. He was responsible for managing projects and directing analysis methodologies to ensure delivery of robust high-quality deliverables to clients. His 13+ years of energy yield experience covers a broad range of technologies from remote sensing, mesoscale modelling, and CFD modelling as well as project types that include pre-construction, operational, repowering, hybrid, turbine power performance, site conditions, optimization, and siting.
Mr. Mault has a degree in atmospheric sciences, with a focus on meteorology.
- Energy yield assessment, offshore wind (United States)
- Lead work for NYSERDA energy yield analysis of New York Bight and support deployment of measurement campaign.
- Portfolio effect analysis, onshore wind and solar (United States)
- Conduct analysis of portfolio effect benefits for a project portfolio consisting of wind and solar assets across the United States.
- Turbine performance analysis, onshore wind (United States)
- Conduct analysis of turbine OEM power performance test data to assess atmospheric effects on performance for informing energy analysis methodologies.