Hideto Seto is an Associate Director in RCG’s Tokyo office. He has over 15 years’ experience in the wind energy industry working across a broad range of operational, commercial and account management roles.
Mr Seto is an expert in wind turbine operation and maintenance (O&M) management, project management and account relationship building. He provides clients with solutions for wind farm planning, lifetime operation cost optimization and project management. He has a proven track record in directing projects in global markets for wind power and other industrial sectors (including automotive and telecoms).
With experience spanning both project management and O&M execution for international clients, Mr Seto has held multiple industry leadership roles. This includes serving as project manager for engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) of a new, complex, manufacturing plant producing equipment for international markets. He has extensive experience in service management from planning to execution. This includes providing clients optimisation plans for existing wind farm assets to drive reliability improvements, the use of cutting-edge digital technologies to yield performance improvements, and lifetime operation budget planning for new wind farm developments. Mr Seto has also led the launch of new O&M organizations in multiple countries, including relationship building with local contractors.
Mr Seto is trained in mechanical engineering and was also a certified project management professional (PMP). He has attended business and executive leadership courses at the GE Learning Center.
- Wind farm O&M set-up, Australia
- Led set-up of local O&M organization for a wind farm in Australia in order to start long-term service agreement, including hiring, local contractor survey/negotiation, technical transfer, spare parts preparation, etc.
- Commercial negotiation, long-term service contract for existing wind farm
- Led commercial negotiation to get one of large wind farm service contract back from self-performer client. With this change, the client was able to rely on the OEM for their wind farm performance management with reasonable fixed amount annual fee.
- Converter upgrade campaign, existing wind farms in Japan
- Led commercial negotiation and implementation of a converter upgrade for multiple clients, who had low reliability converters in their wind turbines. With this upgrade, clients improved production with a short pay-back period.