Director; Chief Technology Officer
Elaine Greig is a Director at RCG. She has over 25 years’ experience in the electrical power and renewables industry. Ms Greig has led major infrastructure projects and has a solid and broad understanding of engineering, consenting, legal, commercial and stakeholder matters.
Ms Greig is a professional engineer, with key skills in commercial project management, strategic analysis and problem-solving. She has led infrastructure projects through development, financing and procurement, construction and operational phases, and takes a holistic view of projects.
Ms Greig’s career began as specialist consultant for a world-leading electrical technical authority. She then moved into project development, working first for an independent developer and then a utility developer, leading onshore and offshore wind development projects, specialising in first-of-a-kind projects. Assignments included managing the first project to commence construction, through to its sale; managing the first project to be fully constructed and move into operations; and as Project Director, running a complex large offshore R&D site development, with consortium partners and European Union stakeholders. Following this Ms Greig returned to consultancy, heading the offshore wind department for a global quality assurance and risk management company. As a consultant Ms Greig has advised utilities globally on wind, wave and tidal development and governance, and advised public sector agencies on developer perspectives.
Ms Greig graduated with degrees in electrical and electronic engineering, and engineering management. She has also been awarded an MBA. Ms Greig is a Professional Fellow of the Institute of Engineering and Technology (IET), a Chartered Engineer, and Fellow of the Association for Project Management (FAPM). She is also a Member of RedR, the Register of Engineers for Disaster Relief.
- Technical Advisor, UK offshore wind leasing
- Lead Technical Advisor to The Crown Estate on the Round 4 England and Wales offshore wind leasing framework.
- Japan offshore wind site and partnering options assessment
- Undertook screening of the market, projects, partners and opportunities, including due diligence of the selected opportunity, to enable the client to take a development stake in the Japanese offshore wind market.
- Technical assessment, grid security
- Rapid assessment of the vulnerability of grid substations in Mexico, following earthquake damage, subject to associated insurance claim.