David Plunkett joined the RCG team in August 2022 as a Senior Associate. He has over 3 years’ experience in the energy industry, with a primary focus on technical & policy advisory, and programme & stakeholder management.
David is an experienced offshore wind professional. Having led large-scale joint-industry programmes, David is experienced in managing the delivery of projects for a variety of clients in a competitive environment.
David has worked within the sustainable energy industry since graduating from university, from technical consultancy to policy development and programme management. He has held leadership roles and has led large consortiums for renewable energy development. Stakeholder experience spans project developers, regulators, governments & international funders.
With experience as an electrical engineer, David graduated with a master’s degree in electrical and mechanical engineering from the University of Strathclyde – focusing on power and renewable energy systems. Throughout university, David was a scholar within the IET Power Academy to encourage the development of future energy industry leaders.
- Electrical Systems and Grid Integration
- Led a multi-developer consortium looking at addressing challenges related to offshore wind integration into the energy system. Managed project scoping and delivery of a variety of innovation and market development projects.
- Market and Policy Development, Offshore Wind
- Delivered several projects looking at developing the offshore wind market emerging markets, providing recommendations to governments and international funders.
- Technical Due Diligence
- Supported the delivery of transaction projects for offshore transmission assets for lenders.