London, United Kingdom – Sector-specialist advisory firm, The Renewables Consulting Group (RCG), today announces the launch of a comprehensive range of energy yield services to support the development and delivery of renewable energy projects worldwide. The new service covers utility scale onshore wind, offshore wind and solar PV.
Our analysis uses in-house tools and industry standard models, and is backed by a wealth of internal experience. RCG can provide finance-grade energy yield reports to industry standards to support transactions and custom analysis tailored to project specific considerations to assist developers in maximising value. The new enhanced capability complements our established due diligence services and our industry leading REALISE renewable project development methodology.
RCG’s energy yield services include:
- Full, independent, finance-grade energy yield reports for wind and solar projects.
- Pre-construction and operational energy yield assessments.
- Wind flow and wake modelling using industry recognised software, coupled with research-led energy loss and uncertainty analysis.
- Solar energy yield analysis with detailed three-dimensional layout modelling using industry-leading software, as well as research-led energy loss assumptions and uncertainty analysis.
- Layout design and optimisation for yield and for levelised cost of energy (LCoE) using RCG’s ‘LENS’ LCoE modelling platform.
- Wind measurement campaign design and management (onshore and offshore).
- Solar operational performance evaluation, including validation of engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contract performance tests and identification of operating issues.
RCG has added to its team with the recruitment of experienced wind resource analysis experts, Dr Roy Spence and Sarah Allardyce, and solar energy yield expert Arnau Girona. Spence, who joins from Wood/SgurrEnergy, and Allardyce, who joins from Mott MacDonald, are based in our Glasgow office. Spence has served as a member of the IEC 61400-15 Standards Working Group, which is developing an IEC standard for wind resource assessment, energy yield analysis and site suitability input estimation. Girona also joins from Wood/SgurrEnergy and operates from our Barcelona office.
Commenting on the news, Lee Clarke, RCG’s Chief Operating Officer said:
“We are delighted to welcome Sarah, Roy and Arnau to the team. We’ve built a fantastic, industry-leading technical advisory team over the last few years. These new colleagues, with their deep experience in energy yield analysis, enhance the insight and value we are able to offer our clients for project development and transactions, worldwide.” – Lee Clarke, COO.
RCG’s continued growth means the firm is able to deploy experienced teams on any renewable energy engagement, backed up by a team of over forty international experts, to deliver high-value market intelligence, management consulting and technical advisory services.