Yiwen Lu is a Senior Associate based in RCG’s Glasgow office. With a background in naval architecture, she has managed and supported international due diligence assignments for both onshore and offshore (floating) wind projects covering the entire project lifecycle, primarily in European and APAC markets.
Ms Lu is an experienced consultant in renewable energy advisory work, primarily focusing on offshore wind (floating) wind technical due diligence (TDD) assignments. She has a strong track record in acting as lenders’ technical advisor in Asia Pacific (APAC) and Europe, delivering high quality TDD, construction and operational monitoring reports.
Ms Lu has also been involved in a range of international onshore and offshore wind projects in APAC, Europe and North America, conducting contracts review, construction accessibility modelling, permitting review, repowering feasibility review, pre-shipping inspections, and factory/onshore site visits. She is also experienced in offshore wind market studies, covering merit order analysis for market penetration/future bidding and general review of offshore O&M cost trend. Prior to joining RCG, Ms Lu was a staff manager and senior consultant within a major international engineering consultancy. Her primary focus has been on offshore wind projects in the UK, Germany and APAC. Before that she worked in a leading marine engineering consultancy company, with work experience in the site-specific assessments for fixed bottom platforms, design of mobile offshore platforms and documentation review for offshore operations.
Yiwen is a qualified naval architect with MSc degrees in marine engineering and project management. She is a member of the Royal Institution of Naval Architects (RINA). She also achieved PRINCE2 and Agile PM Practitioner certificates from the Association for Project Management (APM).
- Lenders Technical Advisor, French Floating Wind
- Lead the pre-financial close of a French floating wind farm. Day to day management included review of construction contracts, grid connection agreement, and the financial model.
- Technical due diligence and construction monitoring, Taiwan offshore wind
- Lead and support five large Taiwan offshore wind farms for their pre-financial close and construction phases. Responsible for producing the due diligence report and reviewing the permitting, power purchase agreement (PPA), construction/operational contracts, construction schedule, and financial model. Day to day management included producing monthly construction monitoring reports, signing off monthly drawdown requests and providing ad-hoc support to the lenders where required.
- Offshore wind merit order analysis, variable regions
- Lead or support to assess the merit order of potential offshore zones in each region’s offshore development, by preparing estimated levelized costs of energy (LCOEs) for each zone.