Vincent Gourmel is an Associate Director at the Renewables Consulting Group, an ERM company, since 2022.
With an engineering background in the energy sector, he assumed the responsibility of technical manager and project manager for several marine renewable energy projects, with a strong focus on floating wind.
Vincent has coordinated marine renewable energy projects at different development stages. His experience encompasses the interfacing of various disciplines such as floating foundation design, electrical engineering, field layout, inter-array cable design, installation operations, O&M, meteocean engineering, hydrodynamics, and naval architecture.
By coordinating technical studies for floating offshore wind projects, he gained a comprehensive understanding of the floating wind market drivers and challenges.
Vincent can support clients in their offshore wind development at different project phases, from early introduction to market to EPCI execution, with a strong focus on key interfaces to ensure smooth project design and execution between public authorities, project developer, WTG manufacturer, foundation designer, cable supplier, installation operator and network operator.
Vincent has two master’s degrees in low-carbon energy engineering, which include training in a wide range of low-carbon energy technologies, economics and policies.
- Design & Manufacturing Study
- Led a pre-FEED study for a major European utility. The scope was a design and manufacturing study focused on floating foundations and mooring systems of a pre-commercial floating wind farm, including EPCI tentative scheduling and costing.
- Early-stage Design and Costing for a Japanese Project
- Led the early-stage dimensioning and EPCI costing of the floating foundations and mooring of a commercial project in the Japan sea for a local developer.
- FEED for a Tidal Energy Project
- Technical coordination of the tidal farm FEED phase. Coordination of a multidisciplinary team, liaison with the Client and the electrical grid operator.