Vasilis Markatselis is an Associate in RCG’s London office. His experience covers market intelligence and technology analysis. He is experienced in providing clients with expert analysis, research, and forecasting to assist in their strategic decision making.
Mr Markatselis has a track record delivering independent, concise and robust insights to decision makers active in the offshore wind sector and especially analysis in the floating offshore wind market. He is experienced in delivering market intelligence reports covering various industrial sectors, supply chains, offshore O&M support vessels and forecasts.
Mr Markatselis has assisted clients by providing comprehensive overviews of both established and emerging offshore wind markets to support go-to-market strategies. He has also conducted market research and analysis of the floating wind market in all territories, and has provided offshore wind developers, investors and supply chain stakeholders with high-quality industry analysis to inform investment decisions. Before joining RCG, Mr Markatselis worked for an offshore wind consultancy firm, where he delivered market intelligence reports and commercial due diligence to a variety of financial institutions, oil and gas exploration and production operators, oil and gas supply chain stakeholders and other offshore wind stakeholders.
Mr Markatselis is a qualified electrical and computer engineer and is also qualified to post graduate level in marine renewable energy. He has additional qualifications in floating wind and project management.
- Floating wind research
- Market analysis in support of an investment decision for a major oil and gas company, which included a floating wind market forecast and an overview of the existing floating wind projects in the United Kingdom.
- Go-to-market strategy, floating wind
- In-depth analysis of the European floating wind market, in support to a go-to-market strategy for a major oil and gas supply chain stakeholder, which included an inventory of the floating wind project pipeline, a detailed supply chain analysis, an overview of the competitive landscape and plausible floating wind supply chain opportunities.
- Due diligence, subsea cable O&M
- Supported a comprehensive market forecast for subsea cable O&M for a private equity firm, including demand for export and inter-array cables, and cable failures using an inventory of project pipeline.