Sam Park has over 20 years’ of experience in the energy sector, with a record of safely delivering complex renewable energy and power projects. He has been involved with construction and project management services in offshore wind markets worldwide.
With a career spanning the commissioning and construction of both conventional power plants and renewable energy projects, Mr Park has extensive and relevant experience in construction project management, worldwide. He brings a wealth of practical knowledge to clients on how to solve the inherent problems with the delivery of projects.
For the last 15 years, Mr Park has contributed to the expansion of the offshore wind industry, initially taking development roles in the early projects followed by over a decade of project delivery experience. He has taken senior delivery roles in multiple offshore wind projects, with significant technical, commercial and safety responsibility. Assignments have included Works Package Manager, Deputy Project Manager and Technical Adviser to a project board. During this time, Mr Park has led teams of experts, including package managers and engineering project management experts in offshore turbines, structures, subsea cables, marine surveying and marine construction. In addition to work planning and quality control, he has had direct responsibility for staff welfare and development. Recent assignments have included operational risk and due diligence reviews for clients, worldwide. In the past, Mr Park also served as offshore project lead for a wind turbine manufacturer.
Mr Park is a Chartered Engineer and Professional Member of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE). He is also qualified in renewable energy systems technology. He has received advanced training in project management and the safe construction of projects.
- Package management
- Led project packages related to the onshore elements of multiple offshore wind farms, from the procurement phase through to the execution and delivery stage. This included specifying and negotiating the contracts, recruiting delivery team, managing the delivery with commercial and safety responsibility.
- Project director, offshore wind EPC contract
- Led a team of project managers and experts in marine construction to deliver the engineer, procure and construct contract of an offshore meteorological mast attached to a UK offshore wind farm.
- Engineering inspections of renewables projects, South Africa
- Reviewed three solar photovoltaic projects and one wind farm project in South Africa for, and on behalf of, a major global renewable energy insurance provider. Reporting included an assessment of the people, management systems, infrastructure and technology being used. The reports were also distributed to the asset owners.