Richard Clarkson is an Associate Director in RCG’s technical advisory team. A highly experienced and effective leader, Mr Clarkson has served in numerous high-profile project director, senior project manager, and package manager roles. He has extensive experience across a full spectrum of mechanical, electrical and civil engineering relating to onshore and offshore wind projects in both construction and operational phases.
Able to translate projects plan into reality through customer focus, relationship building, interface management and effective planning, he has successfully delivered multi-million dollar renewable energy projects on time and to budget. Mr Clarkson’s experience is global, but with a particular emphasis working in SE Asia. He is fully conversant with current health, safety, welfare and environmental regulations and quality management systems.
Prior to joining RCG, Mr Clarkson delivered multiple projects for a multi-national wind turbine manufacturer. In addition to construction projects, he has managed customer relationships and the interface across all functions (logistics, supply chain, manufacturing, field operations etc.) to meet project targets and customer expectations on service. Earlier in his career, Mr Clarkson delivered major thermal power plant projects. He served in the British Army, within the corps of Royal Engineers.
Mr Clarkson is a qualified engineer and a Member of the Institution of Engineering and Technology, with Incorporated Engineer status. He was awarded the British Empire Medal (BEM) in HM The Queen’s Birthday Honours List 1992.
- Project Director, Syvash onshore wind project, Ukraine
- Served as interim project director for the Syvash Project, a 250 MW onshore wind project being developed in Ukraine. It will be the biggest renewable energy project in the country, upon completion. The project has an estimated investment of €380m ($429m) and is part funded by The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) .
- Site Manager, near-shore project in Vietnam
- Site Manager for a near-shore project in Vietnam, advising both client and turbine supplier (GE Renewables) on offshore construction methodologies, safety and access issues to meet time-line on a business-critical project and managing the various interfaces between assorted contractors.
- Offshore wind construction works expert, Ireland
- Appointed as offshore construction works ‘expert’ for a GE-owned offshore wind asset in Ireland, as part of a major repair program. Arklow Bank Wind Park is a 25 MW offshore wind farm generating electrical power for the Wicklow region in Ireland. It was the first offshore wind farm in Ireland, and the world's first erection of wind turbines rated over 3 MW.