Prasanna Krishnan is a Principal at RCG. He has 15 years of experience in the solar PV industry, having served over 1GW of PV projects globally. He brings a diverse perspective, having served with companies throughout the value chain in the renewable energy industry.
Mr. Krishnan is a solar PV specialist. His experience covers module manufacturing, development, EPC, consulting and startups. His depth is in engineering management, project delivery, and O&M of utility-scale solar projects. Additionally, he leverages his entrepreneurship experience to bring development, contracting and commercial expertise to RCG.
As a performance engineer for a thin-film module manufacturer, Mr. Krishnan dove deep into the technical characterization and evaluation of PV systems. He next led the development of the performance and O&M business unit at the US operations of a major European EPC. In this dynamic, startup environment, he spent extensive time in the field working hands on with PV systems. He leveraged this combination of field and managerial experience to build lean processes at a prominent solar farm developer, helping drive an asset-owner mindset to decision making.
In between roles in the corporate sector, he has served as an advisor and technical specialist on solar and sustainability startups in Latin America, led the regional operations of a cleantech accelerator, and co-founded an energy storage company. Consulting assignments have covered technical due-diligence, construction quality management, asset management, and technology commercialization.
Mr. Krishnan has a degree in Electrical Engineering with a master’s in Solar Energy Engineering.
- Solar Project Commissioning
- Build a team, processes and metrics to deliver 100MW of projects under tight deadlines while avoiding significant Liquidated Damages.
- Field process feedback loop
- Incorporate operational experience into the development, design, and construction processes to improve project safety and reliability.
- Technical due diligence
- Lead the technical due diligence for 800MW of solar projects in the Latin America and Caribbean regions.