Mr Morgan is an Associate Director with RCG in Glasgow. He is an experienced renewable energy consultant, engineer, project manager and team leader and has a performance history managing and leading multi-disciplinary project engineering teams and due diligence assignments in the onshore and offshore wind sector.
Mr Morgan has spent substantial time embedded in project management roles for a range of clients working on projects across the world and specialises in leading the technical elements of due diligence projects.
Before joining RCG, Mr Morgan was employed as a sector team leader at a major international consultancy, where he provided technical services to the wind energy market on behalf of project lenders, investors, and owners. His primary focus was managing pre-financial close offshore wind farm due diligence, whilst also conducting wind turbine inspections, and construction and operations monitoring. Additionally, he provided offshore wind farm installation witnessing and conducted contingency analysis on behalf of lenders. Collectively, Mr Morgan has advised clients on tens of gigawatts of wind projects, with an investment value of tens of billions of pounds.
Mr Morgan is a qualified civil engineer and has a masters degree in offshore renewable energy.
- Pre-financial close due diligence, offshore wind Europe
- Led owner’s bankability study and subsequent lenders’ technical due diligence for a EUR 1.2bn European offshore wind farm to assist structuring the project in line with international debt financing requirements.
- Construction and installation representation, offshore wind Europe
- Client representative during installation of offshore wind turbines on a EUR 650m European offshore wind farm to support project lenders in understanding and minimising technical, health and safety risk.
- Operational expenditure (OpEx) study, offshore wind developer USA
- Conducted a study to determine and quantify the key OpEx drivers related to operating an offshore wind farm in the USA compared to Europe considering key market and regulatory differentiators.