Masato Bannai is a Director in RCG Tokyo office. He has unique experience, gained from over 25 years working in various regions and technologies across the power sector (including gas and fossil fuels, hydro, on/off shore wind, and solar) from the perspective of both the EPC Contractor and the Project Owner/Developer.
Mr Bannai is an expert in contracting of engineering procurement construction (EPC) and operations and maintenance (O&M) agreements, together with the associated commercial negotiations and settlement for contractual disputes. He has a proven track record in reaching an agreement for complex issues by exercising his professional skill. As a Director in our APAC group, he has responsibility for building and expanding RCG services and solutions for clients.
With experience working on various overseas power projects whilst serving in a major Japanese trading firm and also a renewable project developer, Mr Bannai has held leadership roles for covering commercial disciplines and has also led renewable energy Independent Power Producer (IPP) projects in the development phase. This includes serving as manager for offshore wind EPC opportunities. He also has extensive experience in commercial dispute settlement, insurance arrangements, project due diligence for new opportunities, and mergers and acquisitions.
Mr Bannai is qualified in international relations.
- Contract Negotiator for EPC contract as project owner
- Led eight (8) mega solar projects in Japan to issue notice to proceed for construction with bankable EPC Contract.
- Dispute Settlement for troubled EPC contract
- Led commercial dispute with EPC Contractor to reach an agreement with consent by the project lender for mega solar project.
- Manager, offshore wind EPC tender
- Participate in various new offshore wind EPC project tender in Europe and successful for FEED of UK offshore wind project.