Kimberly Peterson is a Principal at RCG’s New York Office. She is an experienced renewable energy analyst, working on assignments including project site characterisation, M&A due diligence, and bid management.
Since joining RCG, Ms Peterson has contributed to both technical reports and market research, working on global energy markets. In the United States she has supported offshore wind bid management, solar and onshore wind due diligence, and competitor analysis; in Asia-Pacific she has worked on site characterisation and selection for fixed and floating offshore wind. Ms Peterson has also supported a major United States government-sponsored offshore wind program.
Trained in oceanography and atmospheric science, Ms Peterson brings to RCG practical experience in data analytics, assessment, and effective communication on environmental topics. She provides support across all renewable energy business sectors.
Ms Peterson was employed in research positions at Princeton’s Department of Geosciences and Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering. Her past research includes the mechanics of tropical cyclones around New Zealand as well as visualizing hurricanes’ storm surges to predict infrastructure damage and severity. She brings a passion and understanding of the mechanics of extreme weather and climate to the renewables market, which must harness these chaotic resources.
- US offshore wind bid management
- Provided analysis and synthesis of previous solicitation bid documents, pulling out best practices and successful strategies to inform client bid strategy and compilation.
- Portfolio M&A market research – solar and wind
- Performed extensive market research on client and competitor operational and development renewable energy development pipeline across North America.
- Japan offshore wind site characterization and red flag review
- Provided documentation and project management support for several fixed and floating offshore wind site characterization and/or red flag review exercises across Japan.