Katrine Black is a Principal with RCG in Glasgow. Katrine’s experience includes market analysis and the management and support of both onshore and offshore wind due diligence assignments for acquisition, and vendor and lenders technical due diligence.
Ms Black is an experienced renewable energy consultant with a focus in onshore and offshore wind due diligence. Project experience includes the operational and construction monitoring of onshore and offshore wind farms, technical due diligence report writing, contract reviews, construction schedule reviews and OpEx analysis. Ms Black is also experienced in insurance technical due diligence for onshore wind and solar projects.
Ms Black is experienced in construction accessibility modelling, including using real weather data to assess weather downtime allowances and the impact on construction installation sequences. She has assisted clients by providing comprehensive market studies to inform future inputs to financial models and risk analysis.
Prior to joining RCG, Ms Black was a team leader and senior consultant within a major international engineering consultancy. Her primary focus has been on projects in the UK and Ireland, mainland Europe, the US and Taiwan. Before that she was with an offshore hydrocarbon consultancy working on subsea engineering CAD.
Ms Black is a trained mechanical engineer, with post-graduate qualification in civil engineering and project management.
- UK offshore wind market study
- Led a UK offshore wind market study for one of the world's largest financial institutions. Included review of Capex and Opex trends, energy yield developments, key project risks and COVID-19 impacts on the industry.
- Acquisition due diligence, offshore wind
- Member of the project management team for the acquisition of a stake in Dogger Bank Offshore Wind Farm. Responsible for producing the due diligence report and reviewing the construction schedule, operational contracts and O&M strategy documents.
- Insurance due diligence, onshore wind
- Utilising RCG’s inhouse framework for conducting insurance due diligence, Ms Black has managed a number of insurance due diligence assignments, performing numerous site surveys, conducted interviews with project owners and reviewing project specific documentation to produce reports that highlight the key technical project risk areas for insurance sizing.