James Taylor is a Principal at RCG. He has substantial knowledge of all major and emerging renewable energy technologies and provides support across all renewable energy business sectors.
Since joining RCG, Mr Taylor has supported multiple projects, primarily contributing to market intelligence studies and technical report preparation. He is also experienced in providing site finding, constraint mapping, and geographical information system (GIS) support to clients in established and emerging markets.
Mr Taylor has substantial knowledge of all major and emerging renewable energy technologies and core engineering concepts. Before joining RCG, James worked with the Guernsey Government on a project to design and build a renewable energy power supply system to support a Light Detection and Ranging (Lidar) remote sensing unit situated on the island’s coast. He also has experience designing and developing a marine energy environmental impact tool for wave and tidal energy, allowing users to efficiently compare the potential environmental impacts of a range of converter devices.
Mr Taylor trained as an engineer, specializing in renewable energy technologies. He is a member of The Energy Institute.
- Wind turbine market study
- Provided project support services for a market study on the expected lifespan on wind turbines for a leading claims management firm.
- Offshore wind master-planning
- Provided a range of GIS support services to a US state authority, used for planning optimal siting for proposed offshore wind farm areas.
- Offshore wind operator HSE support services
- Provided health, safety, and environment (HSE) support services to a large offshore wind farm operator, including document and presentation production.