Fiona Richardson is an Associate Director in RCG’s Glasgow office. She is an expert technical consultant with a strong commercial focus, with considerable experience covering both the renewable energy technical consultancy sector and time working for an owner / operator as a contracts manager.
Mrs Richardson is skilled in conducting technical due diligence assignments in the offshore and onshore wind sector. She has an excellent level of commercial and technical awareness, gained from managing over 5 GW of onshore and offshore wind mandates. During her professional career, Mrs Richardson has successfully supported a wide range of clients, including lenders, investors and vendors in reaching their end goal, managing high profile projects with demanding timescales.
Since joining the renewable energy industry, Mrs Richardson has led on many significant onshore and offshore wind technical due diligence assignments, including acting as lenders technical consultant for a large Scottish offshore wind project and representing lenders for the first onshore wind farm in Jordan. She is an experienced project manager and is practiced in managing programs of multiple projects. In addition to overall management responsibility, Mrs Richardson is also experienced in specific work package reviews, including key project construction and operations phase contracts, identifying key project risks and considering mitigation options available, and review of project budgets and determination of contingency levels. She has a strong commercial awareness and is focused on providing high quality technical advise, ensuring client expectations and requirements are met in full.
Mrs Richardson has a bachelors degree in the earth sciences and a post-graduate degree in renewable energy. She is a qualified project management practitioner.
- Offshore wind Lenders Technical Advisor
- Successfully managed and delivered the technical consultancy role for the £2.6 bn Beatrice Offshore Wind Farm on behalf of the lenders group. The 588 MW project is located in the Moray Firth off Scotland's north east coast. This role included managing a multi-disciplinary team of technical experts as well as being responsible for specific work package reviews.
- Onshore wind farm portfolio acquisition
- Led the technical due diligence for acquisition of a large capacity portfolio on onshore wind farms within the Baltic states.
- Offshore wind market studies
- Provided technical expertise to potential new investors to the offshore wind sector, including provision of a detailed assessment of the offshore wind market within Europe.