Ed Maxwell is a Senior Associate in RCG’s Southampton office. He is an experienced health, safety and environmental management professional and provides clients with expert advice to secure compliance, reduce risk and improve performance.
Mr Maxwell has over fifteen years’ experience working in a range of industry sectors, as well as for a national environmental regulator. He has a record of developing practical and cost-effective management systems, processes and tools, supporting companies and clients in meeting their health, safety and environmental obligations.
Prior to joining RCG, Mr Maxwell held a number of roles in health, safety and environmental (HSE) risk management, including lead HSE engineer for a large thermal power station implementing and maintaining a robust and wide-ranging HSE management system, achieving certification to international standards. He was also responsible for safety standards and UK Construction (Design and Management) Regulations (CDM) compliance for large maintenance projects. Mr Maxwell also worked as an environmental regulator, bringing valuable insight to projects. Consultancy assignments have included HSE support to a range of global onshore and offshore wind developments, providing expertise on topics as diverse as environmental awareness training, vessel inspection, legal compliance and risk assessment. Mr Maxwell also develops and maintains RCG’s internal HSEQ processes.
Mr Maxwell trained as an oceanographer and holds a National Diploma in Environmental Management and National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety. He is a Practitioner Member of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA) and a Technical Member of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH). He is a qualified safety and environmental auditor.
- Environmental management, offshore wind construction
- Construction-phase environmental management support to a major offshore wind developer. Included planning and delivery of monitoring activities to provide assurance that the project is delivered in compliance with legal and licence requirements and environmental good practice.
- HSE advisor, onshore high-altitude wind power developer
- Health, safety and environmental (HSE) support to the developer of a disruptive wind energy technology based on ground-tethered kites, including the preparation of safety plans to manage HSE risks during the testing phase.
- Health and safety advisor, offshore wind
- Development of an extensive suite of risk assessments to minimise health and safety risks during the operation and maintenance of a large offshore windfarm development in the Baltic Sea.