David Banks is an Associate Director at RCG with over 10 years experience in wind consultancy, primarily focused on international onshore wind due diligence assignments.
Mr Banks has specialist knowledge in onshore wind farm operation, technology and construction and is aware of the wide-ranging contractual, buildability and operational issues which arise during all stages of a project.
Mr Banks has nine years’ experience in onshore technical due diligence, having undertaken leadership roles on over 40 international assignments, including vendor, acquisition and pre-financial close projects for single sites and large complex portfolios. Country experience includes Pakistan, Jordan, Australia, USA, Latvia, Lithuania and Scandinavia. In his previous role, he oversaw the day to day management and delivery of a number of onshore operations monitoring and construction monitoring projects and, as such, has acquired specialist knowledge in wind farm operation, technology and construction. David has significant experience in carrying out turbine inspections and attending sites during construction.
Mr Banks has a Masters degree in mechanical engineering.
- Lenders Technical Advisor, Australian Onshore Wind Farm
- Project director for the pre-financial close and construction phase of an Australian Wind Farm (180 MW). Role included review of WTG technology, construction contracts, civil & electrical design, component transportation, construction schedule, operational contracts and the financial model. During construction, duties included; monthly reporting, site & WTG inspections, environmental monitoring, HSE reporting, signing off on monthly borrower drawdown requests, reviewing acceptance testing certificates and signing off on taking over documentation.
- Vendor Due Diligence, UK Portfolio
- Project lead on behalf of a client selling a mixture of onshore operational and construction sites (300 MW) in the UK. Focus on operational performance, detailed WTG inspections, assessing adequacy of all relevant contract provisions and supporting client in all technical aspects of the sale process.
- Acquisition Due Diligence, Various International Locations
- Project director acting on behalf of an organization financing various pre-construction projects worldwide. Day to day management included review of permits & licenses, WTG technology, construction and operational contracts, civil & electrical design, component transportation, construction schedule, and the financial model. During each assignment an on-site constructability inspection was carried out.