Dan Kyle Spearman
Dan Kyle Spearman is a Director in RCG’s London office, leading on floating wind. A background in naval architecture with 6 years of fixed and floating offshore wind experience brings a broad range of technical, operational and commercial expertise.
Mr Spearman is an expert in floating offshore wind and has worked with the leading developers to reduce the cost and risks to enable the future commercialisation of floating wind. He has a proven track record of delivering complex projects with multiple stakeholders across a range of topics in both fixed and floating offshore wind.
Dan Kyle Spearman has a wide range of offshore wind experience, having managed the Floating Wind Joint Industry Programme and the O&M workstream in the world-leading Offshore Wind Accelerator (OWA) research programme. In these collaborative programmes, he worked closely with fifteen of the leading international developers and Scottish Government to make both fixed and floating offshore wind into mainstream energy sources. In particular, Dan worked with developers to address the technical challenges for deployment of future large-scale floating farms, giving insight into the challenges and opportunities of floating wind and engaging with the floating wind supply chain to implement the results. He has also managed multiple projects relating to marine logistics which have reduced costs, improved offshore health and safety and reduced vessel emissions. He has supported innovators with demonstrating and commercialising their technologies. Previous experience includes the designing and testing of high-speed vessels, control system programming and build co-ordination at a major UK shipyard.
Dan Kyle Spearman is a qualified Naval Architect with additional qualifications in project management. He also has STCW certification for going offshore.
- Floating Wind Joint Industry Programme
- Programme manager for the Floating Wind JIP programme – a collaborative R&D initiative with 15 leading developers and Scottish Government to investigate the challenges and opportunities of developing commercial-scale floating wind
- Floating wind market and technology insight report
- Lead author of the Floating Wind JIP’s Phase 2 summary report – includes a floating wind market forecast to 2040 and outlines the technology challenges and needs for the industry for commercial-scale projects
- Innovation project management
- Project manager for the O&M and Logistics working group as part of the Offshore Wind Accelerator – a world-leading, developer-led innovation and R&D programme to reduce the cost of offshore wind.