Charles Luh (Hung-Chien Luh) has been a Principal in RCG’s Taipei office since June 2021. He possesses extensive work experience in the energy industry including both conventional and renewable energy generation, with a wide range of expertise in technical disciplines, project management and business development.
Mr. Luh is an interdisciplinary energy expert across the value chain of energy projects. He has proven track records in engineering consultancy for conventional power generation, and quality management within offshore wind. In addition he has business development experience in offshore wind.
With experience in both technical and commercial roles, Mr. Luh served as a quality advisor for Taiwan’s first commercial scale offshore wind project with a leading European maritime firm. His responsibility was to ensure the EPCI work package and the project execution was in compliance with the quality requirements. Also, with a solid understanding of the offshore wind market and strong business acumen, Mr. Luh took an offshore wind business development manager position with a reputable international certification service company. He led the team to undertake business activities such as marketing, tendering and writing proposals as well as communicating with clients on behalf of the company. Working with the certification body Mr. Luh concentrated on services covering the whole project lifecycle such as project certification, technical due diligence, marine warranty surveys, wind industry qualifications and quality assurance/control etc.
Mr. Luh is qualified in mechanical engineering and has focused on renewable energy technologies and energy project development throughout his career. His expertise includes mooring engineering for floating offshore structures.
- Business Development, Taiwan offshore wind
- Created a development plan for TÜV Rheinland and acted as a team leader/ company representative to undertake business activities including marketing, proposals, tendering and sales.
- Quality Management, Taiwan offshore wind farm
- Worked as the only local quality expert to ensure the EPC works were in line with internal/external quality requirements for the first offshore wind farm project in Taiwan.
- Team competence establishment, wind industry certificate
- Led the team to broaden the certificate service scope within the wind industry.