Brigitte Lim is a Senior Associate in RCG’s Vancouver office. She is experienced in renewable energy business development, policy research, and technical capacity building in North America and the Philippines.
Brigitte is a renewable energy professional with over 5 years of experience in different renewable energy sectors of the United States, Canada, and the Philippines. She has worked with a private firm, solar non-profit, government agencies and the United Nations Development Programme to promote renewable energy for development and energy security.
Brigitte has worked with private, public, non-profit, and multilateral entities in the Philippines, US, and Canada on functions across the renewable energy value chain. As a Capacity Development Associate for UNDP, she worked with national government agencies, multilateral organizations, and renewable energy developers to assess and update the Philippines’ National Renewable Energy Program. She also coordinated technical workshops and information education campaigns on renewable energy technologies and policies for different industry stakeholders and regulatory bodies. As the Business Development Officer for a multinational solar energy equipment manufacturer and supplier, she developed and implemented business and marketing strategies, fostered client relationships, and worked with an internal engineering team to create feasibility studies, project proposals, and bid documents for residential and commercial scale solar PV systems. As part of her masters’ programs, Brigitte engaged communities-including Indigenous communities in North America- in renewable energy visioning and utilization.
Brigitte has a Professional Science Master’s in Solar Energy Engineering and Commercialization, and a certificate in Green Finance. She also has a certificate in Basic Solar PV Array Installation.
- Capacity Development, renewable energy development and integration
- Coordinated with local and national governments to develop request for proposals for 10 megawatts of renewables in the Philippines. Spearheaded research to assess and update the Philippines’ National Renewable Energy Program.
- Business Development, solar PV
- Led a cross-functional team to sell and deliver 3 megawatts of solar energy equipment over 18 months. Developed and supported clients including Engineering, Procurement, and Construction firms, investors, equipment dealers.
- Resource Assessments and Design Reviews, solar PV
- Conducted feasibility studies for residential rooftop solar systems in California, USA by measuring potential solar energy generation and estimating system size. Conducted design reviews for funding compliance and permit applications.