Boone Davis is a Principal with RCG in New York, and an experienced renewable energy consultant, project developer, and project manager. He has a proven track record planning and delivering complex, first-of-a-kind infrastructure projects.
Mr Davis has a strong commercial background, with a focus on project planning, construction, contracting, risk mitigation, and execution. He is an expert in US offshore wind construction and associated supply chain, having worked at the forefront of the US offshore wind industry a number of years.
With significant, on the ground experience in both the first proposed and the first constructed offshore wind farms in the United States, Mr Davis has held multiple, offshore wind leadership roles in the North American market. He has demonstrated a track record for delivering complex, first-of-a-kind infrastructure projects. In addition to offshore wind, he has experience in solar photovoltaics, anaerobic digestion, onshore wind, and small-scale gas (LNG) development, as well as in general construction. Consultancy assignments have included supply chain analysis, labour strategy and gap identification, master planning, market entry advisory, and safety planning and management.
Mr Davis studied engineering science and engineering management, with a focus on construction, technology commercialization, and sustainability. He is also certified in CPR, work at height, and sea survival.
- Project execution, US offshore wind
- Served as US Project Manager for the wind turbine OEM on the first offshore wind farm built in the US. Responsible for permitting and development of an innovative temporary turbine assembly facility, and managed the assembly, loadout and commissioning of the project’s wind turbines, which were delivered on time, within budget, and without accident.
- Offshore Wind Master Plan
- Project managed support to state authority in the US, developing and writing its offshore wind master plan. Provided strategic advice and technical expertise on a range of topics relevant to the master planning process, including supply chain, construction, project development and planning, and labour.
- Supply chain analysis
- Project managed assignment for a leading philanthropic advocacy group in the US to mobilize oil and gas supply chain companies in a federal offshore wind advocacy campaign. Served as lead supply chain analyst and engagement strategist, providing a roadmap and strategy for communications and engagement.