Akio Hasegawa is a Director in RCG’s Tokyo office. He has a deep knowledge of civil engineering and project management developed during more than 20 years working in the renewable energy, power generation, and energy infrastructure sectors.
Mr Hasegawa is a highly experienced civil engineer with a track record in delivering large-scale energy infrastructure projects, from development through to construction. This experience includes thermal power, nuclear, and gas storage facilities, as well as wind power projects (onshore and offshore) and solar PV schemes. He is an expert in soil mechanics, foundation engineering and earthquake engineering.
Before joining RCG, Mr Hasegawa served as an engineering manager / project manager at leading global developer of energy projects. Prior to that he was engineering manager for renewable energy project developer operating in Japan. Mr Hasegawa has project managed multiple wind power and solar PV projects in Japan, including offshore wind projects. In addition he has provided engineering support for wind turbine installation and cable installation planning. Mr Hasegawa has worked on operational projects, critiquing operation and maintenance plans. He also has extensive due diligence experience from various acquisition projects.
Mr Hasegawa is a qualified professional civil engineer – specialising in soil mechanics and foundations in Japan, with a deep knowledge of earthquake engineering.
- Japan offshore wind
- Supported delivering a proposal for a port area offshore wind project in Japan as part of an auction process. Work included local regulatory analysis for an international engineering team.
- Engineering, procurement, construction lead
- Led engineering, procurement, construction (EPC) tender for an onshore wind project in Japan. This included providing the request for tender (RfT) package, technical clarifications, and negotiating the contracts with tenderers.
- Wind turbine layout and land development plan
- Led wind turbine layout planning and large-scale land development design for an onshore wind project in a mountainous area of Japan, with a focus on optimization of energy production.