Luke Boyden is a Principal based in RCG’s Vancouver office. He has significant experience in the renewable energy industry, working for multinational engineering consultancies and developers on renewable energy projects.
Mr Boyden is an expert in technical due diligence (TDD) assignments for solar PV projects. He has an extensive track record in supporting clients as technical advisor for the acquisition, refinancing, development, and construction of solar PV plants and portfolios across the Americas and Europe.
Prior to joining RCG, Mr Boyden served as a senior renewable energy consultant at a major engineering consultancy, leading multiple TDD assignments on ground-mount solar PV projects. He also managed the completion of solar resource, energy yield and uncertainty analysis assessments across the Americas. His experience includes the review of project contracts, technology, financial models, and he has driven the development of benchmarking tools. Mr Boyden has completed numerous site inspections as part of construction monitoring, project acquisition, and project acceptance. In addition, he is expert in technical advisory services for rooftop solar PV installations. Notably, he has inspected some of the largest residential portfolios and commercial & industrial sites across the UK, and completed projects across France, Canada, USA, and the Caribbean. Mr Boyden is also experienced in thermographic inspection of solar PV installations, and supports wind projects completing contract reviews and met-mast data analysis.
Mr Boyden trained as a mechanical engineer, specialising in sustainable energy systems. He is qualified to Level II for Thermography (Flir/ITC).
- Technical due diligence, solar PV portfolio acquisition
- Project manager for the acquisition TDD of a 330 MW portfolio in USA, completing site inspections, energy yield assessments, operational data review, contractual suite review, environmental and permitting review, financial model inputs review.
- Feasibility study solar PV, industrial facility
- Worked with facility owner investigating energy supply needs from solar PV. Developed model for facility, completing a range of system designs (<5 MW), modelled system performance, and performed generation, load, and economic analyses.
- Technical due diligence, solar PV commercial rooftop portfolio sale
- Supported the asset manager vendor in the sale of three rooftop plants totalling 12 MW at industrial manufacturing sites in the UK. Completed rooftop site inspections, documentation and design review, operational analysis and yield forecast.